The HP 2520 switch series is ideally suited for small and medium businesses looking to deploy voice, video, or wireless solutions that require Power over Ethernet (PoE) connectivity. The series consists of four switches: the HP 2520-8-PoE, 2520-24-PoE, 2520-8G-PoE, and 2520-24G-PoE Switches.
The four models offer a choice of either Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. All models also include support for dual-personality Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used for either copper or fiber connectivity.
All products are fully managed via SNMP, command-line interface (CLI), and graphical user interface (GUI) and offer a Layer 2 feature set. In addition, the products provide deployment flexibility with compact, quiet, and energy-efficient designs.
Quality of Service (QoS)
– Selectable queue configuration: allows you to increase performance and/or traffic reliability by selecting the number of queues that best meet the requirements of your network applications; switch will map 8 priorities to either 2 or 4 queues
– Simplified QoS configuration: Port-based: prioritize traffic by specifying a port and priority level. VLAN based: prioritize traffic by specifying a VLAN and priority level.
– IEEE 802.1p traffic prioritization: honors and sets IEEE 802.1p priority in the VLAN tag
– Type of service: IP precedence: honors IP precedence bits and allows mapping to a priority queue. Differentiated Services Code Point values: honors Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) bits and allows mapping to a priority queue.
– Flow control: helps ensure reliable communications during full-duplex operation
– Choice of management interfaces: Web graphical user interface (GUI): easy-to-use graphical interface allows configuration of the switch from any Web browser. Command-line interface (CLI): robust command-line interface provides advanced configuration and diagnostics. Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv2c/SNMPv3): allows switch to be managed with a variety of third-party network management applications.
– Integration with HP PCM: enables discovery, mapping, logging, and configuration via HP PCM, which is available as a free download from the Web
– Virtual stacking: single IP address manages up to 16 switches
– Port mirroring: allows traffic to be mirrored on any port or a network analyzer to assist with diagnostics or detecting network attacks
– Multiple configuration files: configuration file management tools allow up to three configuration files to be managed and stored on the switch
– Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all ports
– Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) slots: dual-personality ports allow for either copper or fiber connectivity such as Gigabit-SX, -LX, -LH, and -BX or 100-FX and -BX
– IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet: provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras (see product specifications for total PoE power available); supports some prestandard PoE devices (see product FAQs for more details)
– RJ-45 serial console port: front of unit location provides easy access to the switch CLI
– Switch on a chip: provides highly integrated, high-performance switch design with a non-blocking architecture
– Jumbo packet support: supports up to 9216-byte frame size to improve performance of large data transfers (2520G switch)