Accelerate your network
- Connect up to 10 times faster than 10/100 network speeds with Dell Networking 5500 Series Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switches.
- Support high-speed GbE connections for users, peripherals, file servers, storage arrays and power over Ethernet (PoE)1 devices.
- Help ensure high throughput with 1 Gbps bandwidth and dual 10 Gbps fiber uplinks (SFP+).
- Help get the most out of your server performance and match your network interface card (NIC) speeds for fast access to local network data.
Seamlessly scale as needed
- Meet the needs of your expanding network, whatever be the size of your organization.
- Easily scale your capacity with up to eight switches and 400 ports in a stack.
- Expand while keeping administration simple ? manage all of the Dell Networking 5500 Series switches in your stack as a single unit.
- Help ensure network redundancy and resiliency with an expandable Layer 2 switching solution.
Quickly deploy, configure and move on
- Simplify your switch deployment and help reduce configuration time to help improve administration productivity.
- Configure up to eight switches in a stack simply by plugging in a USB drive loaded with configuration files.
- Reduce the time and effort to configure and deploy switches with one-touch configuration.
- Help lower deployment costs and save time with automatic switch and IP configuration using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) or a local USB connection.
Support VoIP communication
- Bring IP telephony to your network with switches optimized for voice over IP (VoIP) data.
- Simplify deployment of VoIP devices with automatic device identification.
- Help reduce resource contention and ensure that VoIP traffic is prioritized through voice virtual LAN (VLAN) functionality.
- Ease control of VoIP devices by using Link Layer Discovery Protocol for Media Endpoint Devices (LLDP-MED) to create a VoIP network policy.
Manage, secure and conserve
- Provide enterprise-level management and security while helping to reduce your energy consumption.
- Efficiently manage your network using a familiar and intuitive command-line interface (CLI) or a web-based graphical user interface (GUI).
- Secure your network?s edge with automation and use a robust feature set including authentication, encryption, alerting and more.
- Help lower your energy costs with Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE 802.3az), which can reduce per-port consumption.